The four pillars of the University's Commitment are foundational to your McGill experience. As a student in the School of Continuing Studies, you will be immersed in a culture grounded in your program’s unique perspectives, approach and curriculum.
Learn: Gain the Knowledge and Practical Skills to Take Your Next Step
- Discover our part-time or full-time undergraduate and graduate programs, offered face-to-face or online. Many of our courses and programs are recognized by professional associations.
- Build on a university degree with a specialized professional development certificate, which can be completed in one year.
- Complement existing skills with a short course or workshop offered in over 50 subjects, from human resources to project management to written communication.
- Enhance your language skills with courses in English, French or Spanish. This can make all the difference in helping you get the job of your dreams or making you feel part of a new community.
- Explore topics for individual growth through our personal and cultural enrichment offerings and through the McGill Community for Lifelong Learning.
- Set your own pace and learn from the comfort of home with our versatile online courses.
- Learn from individuals who are current business and industry experts. Our instructors are top in their field, helping learners to thrive through both their practical expertise and theoretical knowledge.
- Meet with program advisors who can guide you to the program or course that best meets your career goals.
Connect: Become Part of a Larger Community
- Surround yourself with a community of 14, 000 motivated students who have similar professional and personal goals.
- Connect with industry leaders and learn about trends and career paths at School events, like the Networking Series.
- Attend networking events held by MACES (McGill Association for Continuing Education Students) throughout the year.
- Formulate a plan for your future through individual meetings and workshops offered by Career Advising and Transition Services.
- Gain practical experience through growing internship opportunities, available now mainly through our Languages programs.
- Participate in University-wide competitions that can help you hone your skills.
Elevate: Reach Personal and Professional Goals
Our instructors, students and alumni continue to thrive and expand their reach in the community, locally and internationally.
- Elevate your career, like Gabriel Cavalheiro, who took a one day workshop and got a promotion.
- Embark on a whole new direction, like Marina Sonin, who combined her passion for fashion with the Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship to open a clothing store, B•Lux.
- Reach your goals, like Masashi Usui, who is now attending McGill’s Schulich School of Music after improving his English language and culture skills.
- Land your dream job, like Maria Esteban, an alumni of the Graduate Diploma in Translation.
- Learn how to express your creative side through writing, like Paolo Mazza and Jonathan Forrest Lefebvre.
- Find your place in the community, like Stephanie Jonah, who is currently taking online courses in Business Management and Entrepreneurship for Indigenous People.